- Clinical Fellow in Maternal Fetal Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto
- Honorary Lecturer at Aston University, UK
- Obstetrics Clinical Advisor in MirZyme Therapeutics, UK
- Honorary consultant at Sudha Hospital and Medical Research Centre, India
- Fellowship Maternal Fetal Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto (2019-2021)
- Fellowship in High-risk pregnancy at St Michael Hospital, Toronto, Canada (2017-2019)
- MRCOG (UK)
- Masters in Reproductive Medicine (University of Oxford UK)
- MS (Ob&gynae)
Dr. Swati Agrawal is a clinical and academic obstetrician, currently working as a Maternal Fetal Medicine fellow at Mt Sinai Hospital, Toronto which is one of the best high risk pregnancy centres in the world. She has completed her sub-specialty training in High-Risk Obstetrics from St Michael’s Hospital, University of Toronto. Her clinical work is focused on managing pregnancies complicated by various maternal or fetal disease.
Her research work has generated several high impact publications with particular focus in fetal medicine and preeclampsia.
Clinically, she has gained expertise in
- All difficult obstetric ultrasound scans to diagnose various fetal anomalies, placental problems and complicated multiple pregnancies
- Fetal procedures including chorionic villous sampling, amniocentesis, amniodrainage, and multiple pregnancy reduction.
- Experience in several advanced fetal procedures including fetal shunts, laser for twins, fetal endoscopic tracheal occlusion (FETO) and fetal cardiac interventions.
- Competent in doing high BMI and other difficult caesarean sections and assisted deliveries.
- Managing pregnancies with maternal disorders including cardiac, neurological, immunological and various medical problems.
- Agrawal S, Shinar S, Cerdeira AS, Redman C and Vatish M. Predictive Performance of PlGF (Placental Growth Factor) for Screening Preeclampsia in Asymptomatic Women: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis, Hypertension, 2019;74:1124-1135 Impact Factor: 7.0.
- Agrawal S, Cerdeira S, Redman C, Vatish M. Meta-Analysis and Systematic Review to Assess the Role of Soluble FMS-Like Tyrosine Kinase-1 and Placenta Growth Factor Ratio in Prediction of Preeclampsia: The SaPPPhirE Study. Hypertension. doi: 10.1161/HYPERTENSIONAHA.117.10182. Impact Factor: 6.8
- Rezai H, Ahmad S, Alzahrani FA, Sanchez-Aranguren L, Dias IH, Agrawal S, Sparatore A, Wang K, Ahmed A. MZe786, a hydrogen sulfide-releasing aspirin prevents preeclampsia in heme oxygenase-1 haplodeficient pregnancy under high soluble flt-1 environment. Redox Biol. 2021 Jan;38:101768. doi: 10.1016/j.redox.2020.101768. Epub 2020 Oct 24. PMID: 33137710. Impact Factor: 10.0
- Schwartz A, Many A, Shapira U, Rosenberg F M, Yogev Y, Avnon T, Agrawal S, Shinar
- Perinatal outcomes of pregnancy in the fifth decade and beyond- a comparison of very advanced maternal age groups. Sci Rep. 2020 Feb 4;10(1):1809. doi: 10.1038/s41598-020- 58583-6. Impact Factor 4.0.
- Cerdeira, A.S, Kandzija, N, Pargmae P, Agrawal S, James T, Redman C, Vatish M. In vivo evidence of significant placental growth factor release by normal pregnancy placentas. Sci Rep 10, 132 (2020). doi: 10.1038/s41598-019-56906-w. Impact Factor 4.0.
- Agrawal S, Faisal A Alzahrani, Ahmed A Hormone replacement therapy: How close are we in replicating a functional ovary? Int J Mol Sci. 2018 Oct 14;19(10). doi: 10.3390/ijms19103160. Impact Factor 3.9.
- Cerdeira S, Agrawal S, Redman C, Vatish M. Angiogenic factors: Promise to change clinical practice in preeclampsia? BJOG doi: 10.1111/1471-0528.15042. Impact Factor: 5.05
- Shinar S, Agrawal S, Ryu M, Mieghem TV, Daneman A, Ryan G, Zani A, Chiu P and Chitayat D. Fetal meconium peritonitis - Prenatal findings and postnatal outcome A case series, systematic review and meta-analysis. Ultraschall Med. 2020 Jun 23. English. doi: 10.1055/a-1194-4363. Impact Factor: 5.0
- Shinar S, Agrawal S, El‐Chaâr D, Abbasi N, Beecroft R, Kachura J, Keunen J, Seaward G, Van Mieghem T, Windrim R, Ryan G. Selective fetal reduction in complicated monochorionic twin pregnancies: A comparison of techniques. Prenatal Diagnosis. 2020; 1– 9. doi: 10.1002/pd.5830. Impact Factor 2.4.
- Shinar S, Blaser S, Chitayat D, Selvanathan T, Chau V, Shannon S, Agrawal S, Ryan G, Pruthi V, Miller SP, Krishnan P, Van Mieghem T. Long-term postnatal outcomes of fetuses with prenatally suspected septo-optic dysplasia. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2020;56(3):371-377. doi:10.1002/uog.22018. Impact Factor: 5.6. Also, presented at CNPRM and SMFM 2020
- Gold S, Figueiro-Filho E, Agrawal S, Selk A. Reducing the Number of Opioids Consumed After Discharge Following Elective Cesarean Delivery: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J ObstetGynaecol Can. 2020 Sep;42(9):1116-1120.e3. doi: 10.1016/j.jogc.2020.02.123
- Agrawal S, Nagar T, Khoiwal S, Arora S, Agrawal S, Jayant K. The value of Doppler assessment of the uteroplacental circulation in predicting hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and fetal growth restriction. Pregnancy Hypertension 2015 Jan;5(1):146-7. DOI: 10.1016/j.preghy.2014.10.302.
- Agrawal S, Tapmeier T, Rahimouglu N, Kirtley S, Zondervan K, Becker C. The miRNA Mirage: How close are we to finding a non-invasive diagnostic biomarker in endometriosis? A systematic review. Int J Mol Sci. 2018 Feb 17;19(2). DOI: 10.3390/ijms19020599. Impact Factor: 3.9.
- Agrawal S, Kumar J. Why endometriosis causes infertility? BJMMR. 2016 Nov; 18 (12): 1-7.
- Kumar J, Reccia I, Kussano T, Agrawal S. A systematic review on the erythropoietin receptors expression in various cancers and importance of recombinant erythropoietin in chemotherapy-induced anaemia. Hematology & Transfusion International Journal, 4(1)2017.
- Kumar J, Reccia I, Kussano T, Agrawal S. Hepcidin Interplay in Regulating Iron Level at Liver, Intestine and Reticoendothelial System. Liver Research, Disorder & Therapy, 3(1) 2017.
- Agrawal S, Jayant K, Agarwal R. Breast Gangrene: A Rare Source of Severe Sepsis. BMJ Case Rep. 2014 March. DOI: 10.1136/bcr-2013-203467.
- Kumar S, Agrawal S, Kumar J, Sriharsha A.S. A Rare Case of Large Clitoral Leiomyoma. Nephro-Urology Monthly. May 2014. DOI: 10.5812/numonthly.17022.
- Agrawal S, Khoiwal S, Kumar J, Agarwal R. Predicting Adverse Maternal and Perinatal Outcome after Threatened Miscarriage. Open Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2014 Jan; 4(1): 01-07. DOI: 10.4236/ojog.2014.41001. 2160-8806.
- Agrawal S, Khoiwal S, Kumar J, Agarwal R. Subacute Puerperal 3rd Degree Uterine Inversion: A Rare Case. American Journal of Medical Case Reports. 2013; 1(1):09-11. DOI: 10.12691/ajmcr-1-1-4.
- Jayant K, Agrawal S, Agarwal R, Dayama K G. Spontaneous External Fistula: The Rarest Presentation of Hydatid Cyst. BMJ Case Rep. 2014 May. DOI: 10.1136/bcr-2013-203784. PMID: 24827660.
- Jayant K, Agrawal S, Agarwal R. Retroperitoneal Castleman’s Disease- Benign in Midst of Malignant. BMJ Case Rep. April 2014; DOI:10.1136/bcr-2013-203067.
- Santosh K, Kumar J, Agarwal M M, Singh S K, Agrawal S, Parmar K M. Role of Tamsulosin, Silodosin and Tadalafil in the Expulsion of Lower Ureteric Stone – A Randomized Trial. Urology Journal, January 2015 Volume 85, Issue 1, Pages 59–63. PMID: 25530364.
- Kumar J, Agrawal S, Agrawal R. Tamsulosin versus Tamsulosin with Tadalafil for the Medical Expulsive Therapy for Lower Ureteric Stone – A Randomized Trial. International Journal of Urology. October 2014, 21(10); 1012–1015, DOI: 10.1111/iju.12496.
- Santosh Kumar, S K Singh, Kumar J, Agrawal S, Kalpesh M P. A Rare Case of Continuous Type Splenogonadal Fusion with Primary Infertility. Case Reports in Urology, vol. May 2014. DOI:10.1155/2014/796761.
- Kumar J, Agrawal R, Agrawal S. Richter type of incarcerated hernia; Misery still continues. Polish Journal of Surgery. October 2014; 86(10); 490-492.
- Kumar S, Kumar J, Agrawal S, Parmar K, Roat R, Kumar K. Rare adrenal gland emergencies: a case series of giant myelolipoma presenting with abscess and hemorrhage. Nephro-Urology Monthly. Jan 2015. PMID:25738127.
- Kumar S, Jayant K, Barapatra Y, Rani J, Agrawal S. A Rare Case of Giant Urinary Bladder Diverticula presenting as epigastric mass and dyspepsia. Nephro-Urology Monthly. July 2014. NLM-MEDLINE 2251-7014.
- Santosh Kumar, S. K. Singh Kumar Jayant, Agrawal S, Kalpesh MP, and Harsha A.S. Forgotten Kirschner wire causing severe hematuria. Case Reports in Urology, vol. 2014, July, Article ID 305868, DOI:10.1155/2014/305868.