General & Laparoscopy Surgery in Kota
The Department of Surgery at Sudha Hospital & Medical research Centre has well experienced surgeons with over 25 years of experience.
Ever since the hospital has been opened we have performed a large number of procedures including major plus surgeries with a minimal complication rate. The department strives to offer quality care at an affordable cost with personal care from the consultants.
The Division of General Surgery provides comprehensive surgical consultation and care in many subspecialties including colon and rectal surgery, trauma and burn Pediatric surgery, endocrine surgery, bariatric surgery, and multidisciplinary hepatobiliary and pancreas surgery. Our skilled surgeons are fellowship-trained in various specialties.
The Division of General Surgery has grown tremendously over the past several years. Our portfolio of grants has become even more diversified with the addition of many new productive faculty members with laboratory programs.
Range of services
- Minimal Access Surgery - All types of laparoscopic surgeries – Appendectomy, Cholecystectomy, CBD explorations, Splenectomy, Colectomy, Hysterectomy, Ureterolithotomy, Pyelolithotomy, Ovarian cystectomy, Tortion ovaries, Adhesion removal and Diagnostic Laparoscopy.
- Bariatric Surgery (Surgery for Morbid Obesity) -Lap Band, Sleeve Gastrectomy and Gastric Bypass, MGB.
- Colorectal Surgery - Hemicolectomy, Surgery for haemorrhoids and Fistula procedures.
- Trauma and Emergency Surgery – We have facilities and backup to undertake Emergency surgeries
- General Surgery - We also have a General Surgeon to undertake general surgical procedures like hernia repair, biopsies and vasectomies, Gallbladder, Hysterectomy etc.
Common Surgeries Performed day to day basis
Haemorrhoids / Piles / Fissures / Fistula
Gall Bladder Surgery
Varicore Veins etc.
Breast Biopsy, Open / Lumpetomy
Colon Cancer Surgery
Laparoscopy Surgery in Kota
Advantages of Laparoscopy Surgery
- Reduced blood loss, which reduces the chance of needing a blood transfusion.
- Minimal postoperative pain &discomfort : Smaller incision, which reduces pain and shortens recovery time to as low as 7 days.
- Less pain, leading to less pain medication needed.
- Shorter Hospital Stay. Although procedure times are usually slightly longer, hospital stay is less around 1-2 days, and often with a same day discharge which leads to a faster return to everyday living.
- Reduced exposure of internal organs to possible external contaminants thereby reduced risk of acquiring infection
- No scar or almost invisible scar
- Less postoperative complications likes hernia, wound dehiscence etc.
- Cost - effective as the patients and attendants remain absent from his/her works for less number of days. Hence overall cost is less than conventional open surgery.
Common Laparoscopic Surgeries Performed at Sudha hospital
Cholecystectomy(removal of diseased gallbladder)
Appendicectomy (removal of diseased appendix)
Hernioplasty (Hernia repair surgery)
Laparoscopic ectopic pregnancy surgery
Laparoscopic Ovarian and Cysts Surgery
Laparoscopic Infertility Surgeries
Laparoscopic Pyelolithotomy (kidney stones)
Laparoscopic Ureterolitotomy (Ureteric stones)
CBD Exploration (for common bile duct stones)
Hernia Repair TAP, TEPP and other (all kinds of hernia)
And Many More..